Our Energy Advice Service is dedicated to helping combat fuel poverty and provides one-to-one advice and support to people experiencing difficulties with their energy costs or who are at risk of fuel poverty.
Your advice appointment will cover a range of areas, including:
- Understanding tariffs and switching tariffs
- Information about energy efficiency measures and grants
- Benefit entitlement checks for eligibility and applications for Warm Home Discount (WHD), rebates available from energy suppliers and the Priority Services Register
- Help to understand billing, meter readings and payment methods
- Advice on dealing with fuel debt, including accessing financial support to pay off fuel debts through charitable grants, and ongoing payment plans.
Grants to help pay off your Energy Debts
If you’re in debt to your energy supplier, you might be able to get a grant from a charitable trust to help pay it off.
The following energy companies offer grants and schemes that are open to anyone - and you don't have to be a customer!
There are also companies who offer grants specifically for their customers:
How to contact us
If you are an individual struggling with your utility bills, or you are working with a client who needs support with their utility bills please complete the form available below: