How we can help
Our money advisers can help you resolve your debt problem.
We can explain your options and the possible outcomes. From there we can support you to take action to get you into a better financial position.
We will always encourage you to make your own decisions and act on your own behalf.
More people than ever before are getting into debt. It is often linked with redundency, unemployment, relationship problems and sickness. Anyone can find themselves in debt - it is nothing to be ashamed of.
Whether you have one small debt, or many large debts, we can help you deal with the situation and sort things out.
What can we do for you?
- - Assess your financial situation, check your benefit entitlement and give you budgeting advice if needed.
- - Help you to deal with any emergencies, such as bailiff action, the threat of eviction or disconnection, court hearings or any other issues needing urgent attention.
- - Advise you which payments to prioritise and help you to deal with priority debts such as arrears of rent, mortgage, council tax or fuel.
- - Advise you on whether you are liable for the debts and help you challenge your liability where appropriate.
- - Assist you in responding to court claims and in applying to court where necessary.
- - Having assessed your level of income, your assets and your general circumstances, we will explain all the options available for dealing with your debts.
- - We will keep you informed and updated as your case progresses.
- - If it is appropriate to refer your case to another agency, we will advise of this as soon as possible.