Citizens Advice Stockport are pleased to inform you that from 15th October they will be delivering Legal Aid services in Housing.
This follows a partnership bid with other Greater Manchester local Citizens Advice organisations meaning all Citizens Advice in Greater Manchester now deliver Housing Legal Aid services.
This is the first time in over 15 years Citizens Advice Stockport has been involved in the delivery of legal aid services in Stockport.
Legal aid can help meet the costs of legal advice and representation in a court or tribunal if required. If your problem relates to homelessness or losing your home, or if it’s in serious disrepair and you qualify you could get:
- advice on your rights and options
- help with negotiations and paperwork
- help if you’re accused of a crime, eg advice at a police station
- a solicitor or barrister to get your case ready and speak on your behalf in court and some tribunals
Steve Hughes, Chief Executive Officer at Citizens Advice Stockport said:
“I am really pleased that by working with Citizens Advice Manchester we are now able to deliver housing legal aid services to qualifying residents in Stockport. This is yet another development in our service which allows us to better support our clients.
“Since April this year, we have seen 450 clients with housing related issues with housing sitting as the third biggest issue our clients are dealing with.
“Local Citizens Advice organisations have a strong track record of supporting clients with housing issues and it is great that a client eligible for housing legal aid services can get this from any of the 10 local Citizens Advice organisations in Greater Manchester.”
Note to editors
For more information contact: Press team – email@example.com
Notes to editors
- This service is being delivered in partnership with Citizens Advice Manchester
- The advice provided by Citizens Advice Stockport (CAS) is free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online visit www.castockport.org.uk
- Last year helped over 8000 people with 19,000 issues via telephone and in person.
- You can get telephone advice from Citizens Advice Stockport on 0300 3309 075
- Citizens Advice Stockport is supported by over 60 trained volunteers giving advice and guidance across the Borough of Stockport.