Mike Hanson was voted in as Chair of Citizens Advice Stockport during the charity’s 79th AGM on Monday 26th November. Mr Hanson, who was the charity’s Treasurer and until recently was the Chief Executive Officer at Vernon Building Society, replaces Kate Butler.
Annette Clowes, who is Managing Director Publishing at Zinc Media PLC was named as the charity’s non-executive Vice-chair.
Peter Allen, a former senior executive at Shell International was named as the charity’s non-executive Treasurer.
Mike Hanson, Chair of the Trustee Board said:
“It is a privilege to take up the role as Chair of Citizens Advice Stockport, a charity that is about to celebrate its 80th year serving the residents of Stockport and I know Annette, Peter and myself are looking forward to working with the rest of the trustee board to make sure the services we offer stay relevant in an ever-changing world.
“I want to thank my predecessor, Kate Butler for her hard work and leadership through difficult and challenging times. The charity is in a much better place now than when she took up the role in 2016.”
Notes to editors:
- Citizens Advice Stockport is a member of the Citizens Advice network, all of which are independent charities. Together we help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers.
- The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- In 2017/18, we helped over 7,250 people with 22,500 issues via face-to-face, telephone, email and web chat.
- You can get telephone advice from Citizens Advice Stockport on 0300 3309 075
- Citizens Advice Stockport is supported by over 60 trained volunteers giving advice and guidance across the Borough of Stockport.