From Friday 1st February, Citizens Advice Stockport will start to deliver a new six month pilot information and advice drop-in service from Brinnington Library aimed at supporting local residents.
This six month pilot has been funded by Brinnington Big Local to support local Brinnington residents.
Brinnington Big Local aims bringing together local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations to make the area an even better place to live.
“We are really pleased to pilot this drop-in service in Brinnington to support Brinnington residents.
“As a service, over 1000 of our 8500 clients come from Brinnington every year so it is great that we have been able to deliver a service that is in the heart of the community.
“I want to thank Brinnington Big Local for working with us to develop this pilot, and we look to continue working with them to sustain this service into the future.”Steve Hughes – Chief Executive of Citizens Advice Stockport
The drop-in service will run every Friday between 10:00 and 15:00 where clients will be able to drop-in and get the information and advice they require.
Notes to editors:
- Citizens Advice is made up of the national charity Citizens Advice; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Together we help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers.
- Citizens Advice is the statutory consumer advocate for energy and postal markets. We provide supplier performance information to consumers and policy analysis to decision makers.
- The Citizens Advice Witness Service provides free and independent support for both prosecution and defence witnesses in every criminal court in England and Wales.
- Citizens Advice also offers Pension Wise appointments at 500 locations across England and Wales.
- The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online or find your local Citizens Advice in England and Wales, visit citizensadvice.org.uk
- You can get consumer advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or 03454 04 05 05 for Welsh language speakers.
- We helped 2.6 million people face to face, over the phone, by email and web-chat in 2017-18. For full service statistics see our monthly publication Advice trends.
- Citizens Advice service staff are supported by more than 23,000 trained volunteers, working at over 2,500 service outlets across England and Wales.