This full-day session is designed to provide a general introduction to Universal Credit (UC) including the elements of UC, the claims process, the claimant commitment, conditionality and sanctions and safeguards.
By the end of this training session, participants should be able to:
- Identify the various components of UC, including the stages in the claims process
- Explain ‘claimant commitment’ and ‘conditionality’ for claiming UC
- Describe the four conditionality groups and how a client may be placed into a particular group
- Explain the claims process for UC
- Identify and explain the sanctions and safeguards within UC